Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pin Up Thursdays Linky Party (May 8)

pinupthursdayswithmrsmcclain_button_
Pin Up Thursdays is a weekly linky party where you share four interesting educational finds from Pinterest. If you need help getting your party on, click HERE! Now, party animals…find your pins, blog about it, grab my buttons, and link back up here on my blog. What is so interesting about Mother’s Day, candy bars, Skin Shield, and dice? View my pins from the week…
pinnumberone_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thum
mother's day  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/11751649002662743/

If you’re still looking for a Mother’s Day activity to do with your students, here’s a pretty easy (teacher prep-wise) craft to do. It’s a flipbook that students can complete to tell why they love their moms…aww…What craft did your students do or what activity will they do for Mother’s Day?
pinnumbertwo_thumb5_thumb_thumb_thum
An Apple For The Teacher: Roll and Retell - Building Summarizing, Communication, and Writing Skills  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/63894888438391359/
I can never pass up creative ways to help my students with their comprehension and retell. This can be done independently, with a partner, or with a small group. I would love to even have this as a bookmark! What do your students use to aid them in retell?
pinnumberthree_thumb4_thumb_thumb_th
give your students an end of the year celebration they will NEVER forget!  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/209628557630125113/
Isn’t this the cutest thing ever! Our school has an awards day, but we only announce certain things like honor/banner roll, most improved, etc. I always do class awards after awards day because I have special awards for each student. I love this idea of setting up a “red carpet” and letting the students walk the carpet as they receive their awards. I also love the candy bar awards.
pinnumberfour_thumb4_thumb_thumb_thu
Temporary draw-on tattoo for child safety during amusement park, zoo trips and vacation  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/287597126179704876/

When I first saw on Pinterest, I was very amazed. It is a temporary tattoo that you draw on a child’s arm. I assume that applying the Skin Shield (I have never heard of this!!) prevents the writing from coming off in water. This would be useful for field trips, but I’m not so sure about writing on my students’ arms. It is clever nonetheless. What do you think?
What pins have you found this week? Share your thoughts about my Pin Up Thursdays pins in the comments and make sure to link up with your blog post below!


I also want to say congrats to Tiffany and Sarah for winning the giveaway from earlier this week!



signature_thumb1
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment