Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pin Up Thursdays Linky Party (April 17)

pinupthursdayswithmrsmcclain_button_

Pin Up Thursdays is a weekly linky party where you share four interesting educational finds from Pinterest. If you need help getting your party on, click HERE! Now, party animals…find your pins, blog about it, grab my buttons, and link back up here on my blog. Here are my pins from the week…

pinnumberone_thumb2
 

This is an ingenious idea for displaying anchor charts…towel rods! Now, I’m not sure how the rod is secured to the board, but it is a great idea.

 

pinnumbertwo_thumb5
 
teachingtoday: This is such a simple idea I found online, but it is helping me SO MUCH with keeping organized this school year!  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/262616221993338018/

I must admit that I am very unorganized! Right now, my teacher desk is a MESS. The above picture is part of the problem. When I get ideas throughout the day, I tend to write them on a sticky note and put them on my cluttered desk. Well, needless to say, I forget where I put my notes and it all goes down hill after that! This idea could at least give me a designated spot to store my post-it notes ideas.
 
 
pinnumberthree_thumb4

The homework club is reserved for students who do their homework each day. Every day that they complete their homework, they get to keep their number on the board. If they forget to do their homework, they must take their name off of the homework club. At the end of the month, the students who are still left will get a party. In my classroom, I use a different system, but I would like to integrate this idea with my current one.
 
pinnumberfour_thumb4

countdown to the last day of school.  each balloon has an activity to do when it is popped  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/209628557630003479/

I have been looking around Pinterest for a few end of the year activities lately, and I found this one. Basically, the teacher fills up a certain number of balloons based on the number of days left of school. Each day, a student pops a balloon. Inside of the balloon is something the students have to do. You and your class keep popping a balloon per day until the last balloon is gone.






signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the balloon popping idea for the end of the year. I must give this a try! I like your linky party. I plan to link up for the first time the next one you have.

    ((Hugs))
    One Fab Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a fun activity! And yes, please come back and link up :-)

      Delete