Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pin Up Thursdays Linky Party (April 24)

pinupthursdayswithmrsmcclain_button_Pin Up Thursdays is a weekly linky party where you share four interesting educational finds from Pinterest. If you need help getting your party on, click HERE! Now, party animals…find your pins, blog about it, grab my buttons, and link back up here on my blog. Here are my pins from the week…
pinnumberone_thumb2_thumb
Adorable Mothers Day Craft http://www.pinterest.com/pin/287597126179617611/
I’ve been trying to think of a creative Mother’s Day craft for my first graders to do, and I’ve found it. I think that I can easily get all of these materials ready for my students to complete this craft. Am I the only one who analyzes a student craft to see how much work the TEACHER actually has to do? haha!
pinnumbertwo_thumb5_thumb
Stretch A Sentence!   http://www.pinterest.com/pin/153122456055002259/
I love this Strech A Sentence poster because I am finding that my first graders don’t naturally add details. This poster can not only serve as a reminder when they are writing, but I can totally see myself teaching a lesson from just this poster. Hmm…TpT product in the making…
pinnumberthree_thumb4_thumb
Cute ideas for state testing. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/302163456221495930/
I wish that I would have found this before my students did their state testing. I am definitely going to prepare these testing goodies for my students next year. I’ve seen on IG that some teachers are just now starting their state testing, so maybe they can use these this year!
pinnumberfour_thumb4_thumb
image

The end of the school year is quickly approaching (oh yes, I have a countdown app on my phone) and this idea would be a lot of fun. You buy a beachball for each student, and your students can sign their names and write messages to their classmates. This is a great keepsake.
Share your thoughts about my Pin Up Thursdays pins in the comments and make sure to link up your blog post below! I’m off to enjoy the rest of my Spring Break.







signature

2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to use the beach ball idea for the end of the year gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been trying to find a place to order than for a not so high price. If you find a place before I do, let me know!

      Delete