Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bulletin Board Dilemma

I finally got the chance to work in my classroom this week and I feel so overwhelmed!! Here’s a few pictures of my new “home.”

image     IMG_0918[1]

This was the first day I was able to work hence the covered items. Now here is the dilemma. Even though I have fewer bulletin board space than my last school, I can’t seem to figure out how to decorate the few that I do have! Yikes!

One of the boards is going to be my quality board which will have AR graphs, grading graphs, and some other things I haven’t thought of yet. This is the board I’ll use for quality. It’s in the front of the classroom near the door.

IMG_0920[1]

Now, here are the two boards that I don’t know what to do with.

IMG_0919[1]  IMG_0921[1]

I don’t want to fill the boards with “nothingness.” I really want it to be a useful, meaningful display. I’m thinking that the long board could be used to display student work. We have a few more weeks until school starts, so I have time to come up with something.

What bulletin boards do you have inside of your classroom? I need your help!!! :-) Any suggestions are much welcomed.

Before signing off, I want to remind you about my mega giveaway and new products in my store.

The giveaway ends Monday so if you haven’t entered, do so by clicking here. Many great people have entered already and there are amazing prizes.

I’ve added two new products called Common Core Double Trouble, with each focusing on a different first grade common core standard in math. You can see the picture below and click to be directed to my store. AND since I’m all about giveaways, the first two people who leave a comment on this post giving me a bulletin board suggestion and their email will receiving both products for…FREE! Yay!

tensones1     time1

Have a good afternoon!

signature

14 comments:

  1. Bulletin Boards:
    writing process
    writing 6 traits menu board
    Daily Five anchor charts
    Math focus board
    Job Board
    Rules/Behavior Board
    Science focus board
    Bulletin by my library that promotes reading
    Reading Focus wall
    Word wall
    Word Collector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow those are all awesome ideas! Thank you very much! Beth, do you have an email? You were the first commenter and I can send you my freebie.

      Delete
  2. I would use one for a word wall and one for bucket filling! :) I found out that I have no bulletin boards in my room at all, so you're lucky!! What would you do if you had no bulletin boards?

    Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten
    missaskindergarten@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Of course a word wall! What was I thinking?? Well you may have to improvise with the bulletin boards. I didn't have any for displaying work outside of my classroom, so I had to tape some laminated posters together and voila! Thanks for the suggestion Sarah!

      Delete
    2. I think that's a great idea, MrsMc! I didn't think about laminating posters together! Thank you for giving away the items. I'm excited to get them! They look fantastic and I'm sure you put a lot of work into them. :)

      Delete
  3. So I lost out on the freebies but I still have a suggestion:-) Do you have a focus wall for reading? I love your colorful tables! I can not imagine not having bulletin board space! Our walls are covered cork board so we can hang everywhere!! Sometimes it is hard to fill up all the wall space! What we don't have is floor space for centers, table areas, etc.
    Deana
    http://firstgradechatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have a focus wall for reading. Thanks for the suggestion. You definitely have lots of room if your whole class has bulletin board space. wow!

      Delete
  4. I love having one for student work that can be changed easily. Just blogged about it yesterday. Check it out!

    http://www.missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com/2012/07/bulletin-board-101.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boggle or Add It Up boards are fun, too! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  6. My bulletin boards are I think: Student of the week, birthdays, math focus wall, reading/L.A. focus wall, word wall, and calendar. I don't have much bulletin board space either, so I'm always frustrated with doing them.
    Sarah Mackey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a focus wall! I'm thinking that is what I will do. Thanks Sarah!

      Delete
  7. Having trouble lоѕing ωeight? Ηow about
    taking a look at what is considereԁ to
    be a fat burner in a bottlе? Check our guide on how to usе Rapberry
    Ketоnеs аnd get them fοr the beѕt pricе at
    http://гaѕpberryketones.heartdata.net/
    My website - 10 Tips for Losing Weight While Breastfeeding - not losing weight while breastfeeding

    ReplyDelete