Sunday, July 29, 2012

Center Checklist Freebie

How do you check your students’ work when they complete centers? I’m trying to come up with a simple way to do it this year. Last year, I painstakingly looked through every single thing they did in every center…TOOK FOREVER! Not to say that you shouldn’t check their work. But I figure that you can skim their work and tell who has it and who doesn’t, right?

I created two checklists that will hopefully help me this year. Centers are used to help supplement what you are teaching in the classroom. Therefore, if I find that a student isn’t “getting it” during direct and instruction and centers, then I know that is a student I need to work with at the teacher table.

In past years, I’ve felt like I had to do everything by the book. However, doing things by the book does not apply to students who do not learn like the book wants you to teach. I’m hoping this year to really loosen up and really just adhere to the needs of my students instead of trying to rush, rush, rush to get everything done.

I’d love to hear what you use in your classroom to check student’s work. Do you use rubrics or checklists? In the meantime, I’ve left the checklists I create and hope to use this year. Grab them down below for free.


School will be starting in my area very soon. I’m trying to get things printed, cut, laminated, decorated, organized, cleaned and all that jazz! I wanted to remind you that my first day frenzy pack will be on sale at my TPT store only until July 31st, so you may want to scoop it up!

frenzy1  frenzy2  frenzy3

First Day Frenzy at my TPT store here

Enjoy your Sunday!

signature

6 comments:

  1. Great question! I would love to hear how others' assess center work. I have also gone through their work each day to see who is understanding and who is not.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Patti

    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the items that you have created! Happy to be following you:)
    Kelly
    Kelly Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find it to be very useful.

      Delete
  3. Cute items!!! If you have time stop by my blog and join my "Classroom Tours Linky Party"! I would love to see your classroom!! If you aren't ready just quite yet, share a before pic and then go back and share an after pic! :)

    Brigid

    Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

    ReplyDelete