Saturday, August 25, 2012

Do You Use Reading Street?

That’s the question I’m posing today. Do you use it? Do you like it?

Our parish uses the Reading Street series in the elementary grades and I’ve become accustomed to it. However, with Common Core starting this year, we had to include the CC alignments with the Reading Street series. I like the series because it comes with so many materials already pre-made for teachers. I also think it is a very easy series to teach. I’m not sure if we will keep the series because of CC, but I hope we do.

I have a few Reading Street items in my TPT store, and I just added another product today. The product is displays for all of the stories in all units of the first grade series.

weekly1

And of course, I will give it away for free to the first 5 commenters. Make sure to leave your email!

Enjoy your Saturday! School has been so busy, but I hope to catch up with my Pin-Up Thursdays and Flash Freebie Fridays, so be on the look out!

signature

6 comments:

  1. I use reading street and I like it. I like how it has everything planned out. It makes it easy with planning my lessons and they do have so many things that come with it.

    Heather
    Heather. Byers@saintpaulschool.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lesson planning is so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use Reading Street and I like it (most of the time). There is definitely an abundance of things to do with the stories!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Reading Street. My school uses Treasures which is similar sounding since it lays everything out. I'm new to my school (and teaching!) so I'm still getting used to it!
    :)
    Liz
    teachinginthevalley@gmail.com
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we use Reading Street. I love some of the stories, others. . . not so much. I like that there is so much to do with it and I can pick and choose what works for my kiddos. :o)

    Amy
    happysmooth12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We using reading street. It's been difficult using it with how our county wants to teach the common core in Georgia. Kschwamb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete