Monday, April 14, 2014

Today, In My Classroom: Egg-Cellent Graphing

egg1_buzzingwithmrsmcclain

Each day this week, I plan to do an Easter-themed activity with my first graders since we are approaching our Easter and Spring Break. (Sidenote: I am SOOO excited for Spring break…even more than my students!) Today, we did an activity that I just added to my TpT store called Egg-Cellent Graphing.

egg2_buzzingwithmrsmcclain

We practice graphing all year long so even though we haven’t reached the Go Math! unit on graphing, I knew my first graders could still complete this activity. First they colored their eggs.

egg3_buzzingwithmrsmcclain

Then, they cut their eggs out and sorted them by color.

egg5_buzzingwithmrsmcclain

Finally, the students colored in their graphs depending on how many eggs they had of each color. My kiddos really enjoyed this activity, and your students can too!

egg6_buzzingwithmrsmcclain

Egg-Cellent Graphing is only ONE BUCK in my store, so go grab your copy now! Also, don’t forget to join me this Thursday for Pin Up Thursdays!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment